Environmentally conscious, safe and fun. What more could you ask for?
Athens has something for everyone. Don't believe us? Check out the following list of honors our city has received:
- "Best Small Places for Business and Careers" (No. 13), Forbes, March 2008
- Ranked A "Top 25 Arts Destination" among midsized cities (No. 9), AmericanStyle Magazine, June 2008 (ranked each year since 2002)
- One of America's 50 Greenest Cities (No.33), Popular Science, February 2008.
- Georgia's second safest city, according to the 14th annual "City Crime Rankings," CQ Press (a unit of Congressional Quarterly), November 2007
- The Globe named one of the Best Bars in America by Esquire magazine, October 2007
- Five & Ten named "Restaurant of the Year" by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, October 2007
- One of five "great college towns," Kiplinger's Personal Finance special Retirement Planning 2007 issue, "Attractions of a College Town," Fall 2007
- "Top 10 Most Popular Retirement Towns," Topretirements.com, August 2007
- 40 Watt Club and The Melting Point named "Top 40 Music Venues in America," Paste magazine, May 2007
- Cosmopolitan magazine's online 100 Hot City Guide
- Athens and AthFest recommended in "1,000 Places to See in the U.S.A. and Canada Before You Die" by Patricia Schultz
- Athens, Georgia: one of Lucky magazine's five greatest unsung shopping locations