Are you a college or high school student or recent graduate? We offer many opportunities for students and new grads.
For High School Students
For College Students
- The summer extern program is professional development experience for junior level nursing students. Participants are required to work a minimum of two 12-hour shifts per week. Shifts can vary based on the department and the preceptor. Candidates need to be flexible to work days, nights and weekends.
For Recent College Graduates
- New Grads/Nursing Internships
- The new grad application is generic. Candidates will be contacted for an interview with a Nurse Recruiter to talk more specifically about areas of interest.
- New Grad orientations will be held in June, July and August.
- Nurse Residency Program
For Medical Students
For Pharmacy Students
- Internship hours for Pharmacy students enrolled in the School of Pharmacy at UGA are done through a paid job working as pharmacy techs. This job requires that you work all year long to get internship hours. They do this by working their regular part time shifts in addition to helping cover vacation time during the summer and holiday breaks when school is not in session. See the open positions. Students may apply there when pharmacy tech positions are available that fit with their student schedules. The Pharmacy does not do separate internships or shadowing. Please contact HR if you need more information.