Surgery Support and Ongoing Care
Athens Regional is committed to caring for our patients throughout their illness and recovery process. Our outstanding continuum of care helps patients to a speedier recovery and creates better longterm outcomes.
In addition to our excellent Surgical Services, our surgery patients and their families can access support services for ongoing care. Such services include:
- Athens Regional Comprehensive Wound Center
- Athens Regional Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Community Wellness - Athens Regional's Community Wellness programs help patients and community members with cardiac and vascular issues. These programs include HeartSaver CPR, Workplace Wellness and Safety Programs, Health Screens and Senior Center Programs.
- Diabetes Education Services - Surgery can be disruptive for people with diabetes. The Outpatient Diabetes Education Services program at Athens Regional provides individual and group education to help prevent and control diabetes.
- Guest House - Our Guest Houses provide an affordable, convenient place for families to stay while their loved one is patient.
- Guest Services
- Home Health - Athens Regional Home Health nurses and therapists strive to make the transition from the hospital to your home seamless and comfortable. They work closely work hospital staff to offer you quality inpatient services in your home.
- Loran Smith Center for Cancer Support
- Mended Hearts - Founded to help patients and family members facing open-heart surgery, members meet with you before and after surgery to ease concerns. To contact the local chapter of Mended Hearts, call 706-546-6587.
- Mind Body Institute