Surgery Support and Ongoing Care
Piedmont Athens Regional is committed to caring for our patients throughout their illness and recovery process. Our outstanding continuum of care helps patients to a speedier recovery and creates better long-term outcomes.
In addition to our excellent Surgical Services, our surgery patients and their families can access support services for ongoing care. Such services include:
- Comprehensive Wound Center
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Community Wellness - Our Community Wellness programs help patients and community members with cardiac and vascular issues. These programs include HeartSaver CPR, Workplace Wellness and Safety Programs, Health Screens and Senior Center Programs.
- Diabetes Education Services - Surgery can be disruptive for people with diabetes. The Outpatient Diabetes Education Services program at Athens Regional provides individual and group education to help prevent and control diabetes.
- Guest House - Our Guest Houses provide an affordable, convenient place for families to stay while their loved one is patient.
- Home Health - Piedmont Athens Regional Home Health nurses and therapists strive to make the transition from the hospital to your home seamless and comfortable. They work closely work hospital staff to offer you quality inpatient services in your home.
- Loran Smith Center for Cancer Support