Have you asked yourself:
- Why doesn't my child dress himself or play with blocks and small toys?
- Does my child need corrective shoes if he stands on his toes?
- Should I worry if others cannot understand what my 3-year-old is saying?
At Athens Regional Medical Center, we want to help you by providing professional guidance relating to your child's development. Our goal is to help children develop, maximize their functional potential and facilitate independence.
Pediatric Rehabilitation Services
A physician's referral is necessary for our services to be available to your child. As developmental specialists, we realize recognizing when a referral is appropriate is difficult. We're available to answer any questions you have concerning your child's development.
Our services include:
- Design and creation of adaptive equipment, splints and positioning devices
- Sensory Integration (SI) therapy
- Feeding program
- Oral Pharyngeal Motility Studies (OPMS)
- Cochlear Implant Speech Therapy
- Development therapy
- Preemie follow-up assessments
- Pool therapy
- Group and individual language therapy
- Stuttering therapy
- Voice therapy
- Parent training
- Home exercise programs
- Parent conferences to review program plan and goals
- Additional and alternative communication evaluations, therapy and library
For more information about this program, email us or call 706-475-3511.
Colorful waiting room art to welcome you.