Breast Health Center at Athens Regional
As the ONLY fully accredited Breast Health Center in the area, we’re pleased to offer the best staff and state-of-the-art technology for mammograms, breast ultrasound, breast MRI and biopsy options. We care for you in a comfortable, spa-like setting with convenient locations and scheduling options.
Some additional highlights and services we’re proud to offer you include:
- 3D Mammography with biopsy capability
- Screening and diagnostic mammography
- Accredited as an American College of Surgeon’s National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and an American College of Radiology’s Breast
Imaging Center of Excellence (ACR BICOE)
- Breast ultrasound
- Mobile Mammography Unit
- Oncology Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- If you come to us because you are having a problem, our Clinical Breast Radiologists specializing in early detection of breast cancer are on-site to read your exams, give you results and answer questions before you leave
- Registered Mammography and Ultrasound Technologists
- Breast Health Nurse Specialists dedicated to helping you navigate through the continuum of care
- Image-guided biopsies
Our Breast Health Center in the News
Breast Health Center Receives Full Accreditation
The Athens Regional Breast Health Center has once again received high praise from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). The Athens Regional Breast Health Center received a three year, full accreditation from the NAPBC. The NAPBC grants this honor to breast centers for excellence in programming and patient care.
Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
Our Breast Health Center has earned designation as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). No other hospital or freestanding imaging center in the region has achieved this prestigious designation.
Breast Health Specialists
Our dedicated staff features clinical breast radiologists specializing in the early detection of breast cancer, registered mammography and ultrasound technologists with focused training in breast imaging, and breast health nurse specialists.
Contact the Breast Health Center
If you have questions about breast health procedures, email us at email@example.com or call one of our Breast Health Center nurses at 706-475-5977.
The Breast Health Center is located in the Medical Services Building. We have directions to help you.