Cancer Care and Treatment
At Athens Regional Medical Center, cancer patients receive advanced, comprehensive care with compassion.
From digital mammograms to radiation treatments and case conferences, our staff is dedicated to delivering quality service close to home.
Athens Regional offers the latest diagnostics and treatments. We use technology such as the linear accelerator which delivers the most precise radiation treatment available in our area.
We also offer:
- Breast Health Center: North Georgia's nationally-recognized digital mammography service in a spa-like setting.
- Chest Center: Patient-centered, multi-disciplinary approach to the diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Skilled radiologists use advanced systems to screen, diagnose and stage tumors.
- Gynecologic Oncology: Gynecologic Oncologists are the only physicians specifically trained to diagnose and treat women with cancers of the uterus, ovary, fallopian tube, cervix, vagina, vulva, placenta, and peritoneum.
- Pathology: Board-certified anatomic and clinical pathologists team up to type, grade and stage tumors.
Our commitment to the highest standards of care has earned Athens Regional's Cancer Services the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer's Approval as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center.
The special designation means you can expect only the best - whether you're here for a biopsy, surgery or PET scan.
Cancer Treatment Services
Our specialists offer treatment services such as:
- Oncology Inpatient Unit: Collaborative environment provides for the physical and spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Outpatient Chemotherapy: Our Ambulatory Treatment Center nursing staff is certified by the Oncology Nurses Society of Chemotherapy.
- Radiation Oncology: The most advanced and precise radiation therapy technology in the Athens area.
- Surgical Services: Cutting-edge, minimally invasive techniques are used to remove tumors and determine the best treatment plans.
Additional care and treatment may include: