Physician Oncology Symposium
Our 2nd Annual Physician Oncology Symposium: Connections that Cure featured discussions on cancer care, treatment and research. It was held Saturday, Jan. 25.
- Multidimensional Management of Intracranial Tumors
- Blood Cancers: Leukemia and Lymphoma
- The Role of Palliative Care and Survivorship in the Connections that Cure
- Neck and Throat Cancer
- New and Emerging Cancer Therapies for 2013 and Beyond
- Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
- Interventional Oncology
- Optimizing the Management of Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer Liver Metastases: The Goal is Resection
See the complete agenda
See the presentations
Feedback from previous conference:
"I am in cardiology, so learning more about different cancers that I may see in my patients was really a rewarding thing. I enjoyed the speakers and the topics."
"The increase in knowledge from the conference is improving my work with cancer patients and their families …"
This conference will be beneficial to:
- Medical Oncologists
- Radiation Oncologists
- Surgical Oncologists
- General Surgeons
- Primary care
- Physician Assistants
- Oncology Nurses
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Medical Students
After attending the symposium, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the emergence and importance of targeted (disease-site specific) personalized interdisciplinary approaches
- Identify the role, importance and timing of each discipline (medical, radiation and surgery) for each cancer in an interdisciplinary and collaborative manner
- Describe new diagnostic and treatment approaches being developed and implemented to optimize patient treatment outcomes and care
There is no fee for the Conference or course materials. Please join us early for a sit-down breakfast and an opportunity to network with other medical professionals. Parking will be complimentary for all conference participants.
CME Credit Hours
Athens Regional Medical Center is accredited by the Medical Association of Georgia to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Athens Regional Medical Center designates this education activity for a maximum of 5.0 Category 1 AMR PRA CME Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-475-2994.