Our Emergency Department offers you around the clock Level II Trauma center care from a team of board-certified physicians and highly-trained nurses and staff.
The Athens Regional Medical Center ED treats more than 70,000 patients each year. We have 46 private rooms and five trauma bays to help provide you with quality care.
You should use a hospital's emergency department for serious or life-threatening problems. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, don't wait! Call 911 or get to your nearest hospital emergency room:
- Chest pain
- Severe abdominal pain
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Sudden dizziness, weakness or loss of coordination or balance
- Sudden blurred vision
- Numbness in the face, arm or leg
- Sudden, severe headache
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won't stop
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Severe burns