Outpatient Pulmonary Sessions
Once physician referral is received, you may participate in the educational part of the Outpatient Pulmonary Program. The classes help you understand more about lung disease and give you a new set of tools to recognize and cope with your symptoms.
- Anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system
- Breathing and positioning techniques to improve shortness of breath
- Energy conservation measures
- Control of the environment
- Controlled coughing techniques
- Infection prevention
- Pulmonary medications
- Relaxation techniques
- Exercise with pulmonary disease
- Proper oxygen use
- Panic control
- Nutrition and weight management
This exercise series focuses on basic exercise to improve flexibility, strength and cardiopulmonary endurance. The goal is to improve your ability to perform activities of daily living and allow you a better quality of life.