Job Shadowing Program
The Athens Regional Health System Job Shadowing Program offers the opportunity to observe and learn about healthcare careers from our team. This program is for adults considering a career in healthcare. (Participants must be 18 years or older.)
Spaces are very limited. Precedence is given to those who need shadowing hours for academic program application.
|The shadowing program for Spring 2014 is now filled.
We offer observation in many areas (nursing, radiology, etc.), but we are not currently able to make arrangements for you to shadow a physician, physician's assistant, or nurse practitioner. You may make your own arrangements with any MD, PA, or NP in our community, but you must complete the shadowing requirements if they work for or allow you to shadow them at ARHS. Email email@example.com if you make your own arrangements and need assistance.
- This program is observation only. You will experience the workplace setting and the healthcare worker's duties but you are not permitted to take part in hands-on patient care.
- You must sign a confidentiality agreement and complete an orientation that includes Safety, Health, & HIPAA training to participate.
- To attend orientation, you must show proof of the following health requirements:
- Two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) immunization (or have a positive antibody titer to demonstrate immunity).
- A two-step TB skin test, which is two separate TB skin tests, given one to three weeks apart, within 90 days before orientation.
- TB tests may be done at a county health department, your private physician's office, or at your student health service.
- If you have a positive TB skin test result, proof of follow-up with the health department or private physician is required.
- You must be appropriately dressed for business and act in a professional manner during orientation and shadowing.
1. Submit shadowing application. (Spring 2014 applications are now closed.)
2. Within two weeks of submission, you will receive an email regarding your application. If accepted, you will receive instructions for next steps.
3. If accepted, you will be scheduled to attend orientation in late January 2014.