Teen volunteers make a difference at Athens Regional Medical Center and they also learn about healthcare while helping others.
A teen volunteer is any boy or girl age 15 (by June 1) to 17 who is a full-time student with a B or higher grade point average. They must maintain a high standard of behavior and be sincerely interested in helping others.
Every teen volunteer must:
- Provide proof of two Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccinations and the results of two TB skin tests
- Provide three recommendation letters
- Submit an essay (at least 100 words) "Why I Want to be A Teen Volunteer"
- Schedule a personal interview with the Volunteer Manager and attend a general orientation session in the spring
- Commit to seven weeks of the nine-week summer program (four hours per week)
For more information about all they experience, read our blog post about teen volunteers.
How to Apply
There are limited spaces available for teen volunteers. Application deadlines will be determined.
For more information, call Volunteer Services at 706-475-3405.