Wound Center Medical Director
Ricardo M. Duran, M.D.
Comprehensive Wound Center & Hyperbarice Medicine
Office Location and Phone Number
Athens Regional Health System
1199 Prince Ave.
Prince II Tower, Ground Level
Athens, GA 30606
Get Directions | View Map
- Internal Medicine
- Wound Care
- Hyperbaric Medicine
About Dr. Duran
"My first visit to Georgia was to Savannah in 2000 when I was in active duty in the Colombian Navy. I was the Chief Medical Officer on board the Flagship "Gloria." My experiences as a certified military diver sparked my interest in Hyperbaric Medicine. Over the past years, I continued to see the tremendous impact that Hyperbarics and Wound Care can bring to a person's quality of life."
"The field of medicine is truly an art. It requires an ability to not only look at the signs that patients have but also the patient’s needs, temperament and what is most beneficial to them at that time."
- Internal Medicine – American Board of Internal Medicine
- Hyperbaric Medicine – American Board of Preventive Medicine
Education and Training
- Medical School: Military University “Nueva Granada” 1995
- Internship: Danbury Hospital – Yale University 2005
- Residency: Internal Medicine – Danbury Hospital – Yale University 2007
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine – Pennsylvania Hospital – University of Pennsylvania 2008
- Fellowship: Hyperbaric Medicine – Duke University Medical Center – Duke University 2009
Patient Status: Currently accepting new patients